Saturday, September 12, 2009

a work in progress.



I have started the new painting. just the background thus far. but hey. its a work in progress. but it definitely got me thinking...

a work in progress. what a concept. it pretty much defines life. my life, my dreams, my everything is a work in progress. that is why i decided to stop and take some pictures of the process tonight. i began to think how everything in life seems to be a countdown to the next milestone. but why?

life is really not about where we end up. it is absolutely about how we got there. what if i waited until the end of my life to ever take one single picture? i mean that would be the finished product right? who cares about the journey of a painting? i just want the finished product. nope. not me.

i wanna see the steps of the way to how i made it there. just like my life. i love looking back on the pictures of different stages of my life, even if there are the ones that scream "who let me dress myself back then?" and "really? my hair really looked like that? it MUST have been in style then right?" those are the pictures i want to see. i wanna know where i came from. i wanna see how i got here.

so with my newest painting, i want to see where it came from. the progress that its made. the progress i have made. every step of the way.

to truly appreciate how far it came.

"don't wait the moments to take the perfect picture...
take the picture to capture the moments."

a midnight snack. some food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment